[Dixielandjazz] Teddy Wilson- Jess Stacy & Benny Goodman

Vinny vinnyn at verizon.net
Wed Aug 11 14:46:55 PDT 2010

Hahaha, Harry you don't mince words and I can understand your need to be
thrifty but not Benny's.

A terrific bassist, Bill Crow, wrote a book entitled "Jazz Anecdotes" and in
it are many wonderful and funny stories.

In the early 60's when the BG quartette we're to record the lp "Together
Again" the group would rehearse at BG's place

The heat was either on very low or off and it being cold, after a few tunes
Gene mentioned how cold it was.

BG said sorry or words to that effect, left the room and came back with
three sweaters.

  _____