[Dixielandjazz] "Chick" Singers / change gender

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Mon Aug 9 09:13:32 PDT 2010

  On 09/08/2010 16:07, alevy at alevy.com wrote:
> Judy wrote:<snipped>
> You know it's not just the girls who mess up songs....
> =================
> Al wrote
> Granted , but I thought we were talking about certain song titles.

You might have been Al, but the thread was degenerating if you reread.
Besides I should get points for changing the subject line :-)

My post was a grumpy, only had one cup of coffee, moan.  If I'd been
fully awake I'd /never/ have implied that only the men play
instruments.  However none of the female instumentalists I work with
chooses to sing.  There's one notable exception; drummer Debbie Arthurs;
she has a lovely gentle voice great phrasing and is in great demand as a
drummer and as a singer.

Jude

www.judyeames.co.uk