[Dixielandjazz] 45 RPM vinyl reprise.

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 08:39:22 PDT 2010

Steve:

What you have to say here is of course quite informative.

But let us not forget the other side of the coin.  I speak of collectors who
could care less about the fidelity.

They are not interested in having a recording re-issued on LP, audio
cassette or CD. but want the shellac 78. and mind you, the original issue
because they will know by it's catalog number whether it is.or not..

I have many early Sinatra recordings when he was with Dorsey that I have
since found are bringing some hefty bucks and could very well attempt to
sell them on EBay or elsewhere since I have the same numbers on LPs or CDs.

However, in my 58 years of music-collecting, I have never sought to obtain
anything because of its material value and don't wish to profit at this time
by whatever valuable recordings might be found in my collection.

I even have a 12" Caruso recorded on one-side, easily twice the thickness of
your later 10" 78s but I just keep it mounted on my music wall along with
some framed very early sheet music (black, white and orange only)

Yup, just a sentimental slob at heart.

Tides
HC

--
Some men see things as they are and say why....I dream things that never
were and say why not            -