[Dixielandjazz] Barrett family

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Sun Aug 8 07:59:26 PDT 2010

Am I right in thinking that young Andrew Barrett the extraordinary rag and much
better than tag and bobtail pianist is a relative of Dan?
Splendid pianist very well described in an Edinburgh International Jazz festival
programme a few years back.

Unfortunately the Edinburgh programme purported to describe Rossano Sportiello
(whom God preserve, with the assistance of people such as Dan who issue his
recordings and speak well and informatively about him  -- and I did bum a copy
off the man and review it).

Andrew is one of several jazz and ragtime friends owed more than a sweet letter
from me

Barretts seem to be a good thing