[Dixielandjazz] Tributes and copying

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 08:01:13 PDT 2010

Marek:

Admittedly, "Nightmare" was rather morbid.

It is rumored that Shaw named it that to descirbe any one of his many
marriages and subsequent divorces.

I believe that a guy named Tommy Manville might have been the champion in
that category but I'm pretty sure that Shaw and Mickey Rooney were pretty
close runner-ups.

And, quite concidentally, both Artie and Mickey could name Ava Gardner among
there exes.

I'll let you know what others Gray fashioned numbers after the next time I
come across the album.  My place is in a bit of upheavel at this time but at
least I can find the refrigerator.

Tides
Harry

--
Some men see things as they are and say why....I dream things that never
were and say why not            -