[Dixielandjazz] RIP Mitch Miller.

Hal Vickery hvickery_80 at msn.com
Tue Aug 3 10:58:12 PDT 2010

I hate to speak ill of the dead, but Mitch Miller was responsible for this abomination that resulted in Frank Sinatra literally hating him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRNRaMToK1g

This occurred as Sinatra's career was hitting bottom, and I'm sure it accelerated his descent.  Soon Sinatra would join Capitol records and then win his Oscar, but still can anyone be forgiven for insisting that he record this?

Okay, I'm magnanimous and he's no longer with us.  I'm just wondering what how that conversation with Frank is going right now.  RIP Mitch.

Hal Vickery