[Dixielandjazz] Gipsy Boys Sound Clips

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 3 07:30:32 PDT 2010

On Aug 3, 2010, at 8:20 AM, Marek Boym wrote:

> Thanks, Steve.
> As I have already mentioned, the trio is not enough - there are
> additional musicians on the CD (not that I am going to listen ever
> again to the accordion tracks.

Maybe one of those additional musicians was violinist Nello Mirando?
He is on a CD with them./ Again, no personnel listing, but a picture
on the album cover of Nello with 4 Gipsy Boys. See:

http://www.gipsyboys.nl/cd.php

Enlarge the trio picture on the left to see their names. Then see
picture on right for Mirando + 4 Gipsy Boys. Who is the 4th Gipsy boy?
VOILA, the personnel on that CD are identified at:

http://qblog.ws/news/comments/nelle_mirando_the_gipsy_boys_a_tribute_to_stephane_grappelli_1999/

They are

Nelle Mirando - Violin
Fried Manders - Accordian