[Dixielandjazz] Fats Waller on the Air

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 04:47:07 PDT 2010

If you liked Fats, you would no doubt enjoy a CD I obtained coupla years ago
entitled, "Fats Waller Misbehavin' on V-Disc"

It was a session in 1943 (a few months before he died) in NY's RCA Victor
studios that had him recording a V-Disc for the armed forces overseas.

The liner notes tell us that he arrived about three sheets to the wind and
the first order of business was to dispatch someone to purchase a bottle of
Cutty Sark Whiskey before the session could begin..

>From that point on, he was flying low and "buzzing the control tower"

Being one who was in his teens during the evolution of rock & roll, I also
like the other "Fats", Antoine Domino of New Orleans.

Tides,
HC

--
Some men see things as they are and say why....I dream things that never
were and say why not            -