[Dixielandjazz] Nat Gonella ~ Oh Monah, Ted Easton Jazz Band

Bert Brandsma mister_bertje at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 29 12:35:39 PDT 2010

To answer your question, the regular trumpetter of the band at that time was Bob Wulffers.
Bob Wulffers did play with some of the better known tradjazz bands in the country, even once helping out with a Dutch Swing College Band recording date.He now plays with Willie Ashman Original Jazzband. I did play in that band for a short while, but that was before Bob joined.
Oh, Monah was one of the last tradjazz recordings that got a high ranking in the pop charts in the Netherlands.It was really often played on the radio. Almost unthinkable these days, sadly enough.
Kind regards,
Bert Brandsmawww.dixielandcrackerjacks.com

Folks,I hope this clip didn't crop up in the recent Gonella debate.Ted Easton's Jazz Band and guest Nat Gonella (I'm no Gonella fan, but couldn't help but like this) ~ Who is the other trumpeter?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5Sxsc-qvhQNext clip is Alex Welsh, John Barnes, Roy Williams.The banjoist is Jim Douglas.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXo2HZtF_54Richard