[Dixielandjazz] Names & Occupations

Bert Brandsma mister_bertje at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 28 01:22:19 PDT 2010

Here in Holland there was recently an item about names given without thinking to hard.
First place was given to the parents who gave their daughter the name : FokjeFokje is a common name in the north of Holland, but their last name is Modder.

So everytime when she is asked to give her name she has to say : Fokje Modder.

Really not a problem in our language, but if you travel international........

Kind regards,
Bert Brandsma
www.dixielandcrackerjacks.com

As a child my pediatrician was named Dr. Skinner, and my dentist was Dr. Bonk. Talk about being a scared young patient.Alicia FullbrightSacramento, CaHome of the Sacramento Jazz Festival and JubileeHope to see you all there" The thing about performance, even if it's only illusion, is that it is a celebration of the fact that we do contain within ourselves infinite possibilities."Sydney Smith--- On Tue, 4/27/10, Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis <larrys.bands at charter.net> wrote:From: Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis <larrys.bands at charter.net>Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Names & OccupationsTo: "Alicia Fullbright" <alicia_f2002 at yahoo.com>Cc: "Dixieland Jazz Mailing List" <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>Date: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 1:33 PMWaitlist reason: Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis (larrys.bands at charter.net) is not on your Guest List | Approve sender | Approve domain |