[Dixielandjazz] Hank Bartels

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Tue Apr 27 11:56:59 PDT 2010

Sacramento Drummer Vince Bartel's father, bassist Hank Bartels now living and working in New Orleans had a heart attack the other day.  He foolishly drove himself to the hospital while chewing on a couple aspirins.  DR. says the aspirins probably saved his life.

Hank had a 4-way bypass operation today.

Below is a report on Hank's condition from Vince.