[Dixielandjazz] Food Songs

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 25 13:08:34 PDT 2010

On Apr 25, 2010, at 3:00 PM, dixielandjazz-request at ml.islandnet.com
wrote:

> David M Richoux <tubaman at tubatoast.com>
>> Richard
>>

> Since you did a "Food Show" - I thought I would repost my song lists
> from the KFJC Jazz Parade Thanksgivings Day songs (Food, Drink,
> Condiments, etc.) that I did over a few years. My show was on
> Thursdays, so I always did a holiday show.

Two more for you Dave:

Yes We Have No Bananas

I'll Be Glad When Your Dead You Rascal You.

This following line was sung by Louis Armstrong on a radio show from
New York City. Louis Armstrong when  singing it refers to a friend who
has betrayed him He laments that he does not know what his wife sees
in his friend etc., asks what he has that Louis does not etc. Trummy
Young can be heard in the background saying "A big frankfurter" in
answer to the question, then Louis sings:

You asked my wife for some cabbage,
Then you ate just like a savage.

I think I still have it on tape somewhere.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband