[Dixielandjazz] Fluitekruidt / Dutch Palladium Orchestra

Bert Brandsma mister_bertje at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 25 01:45:38 PDT 2010

It might have been that Robert got the idea from our band, but I'm not sure.Robert allready had left the band for several years when I started writing those arrangements. We had a lot of success with the Lunceford pieces then. In 1995 the regular tenorsax player, Pierre Lafay could not make all the gigs, so I asked Robert Veen to help out on several festival dates including Breda Jazz 1995.
After a while Pierre also started writing Lunceford charts and still many years later Robert started his Lunceford project.So if he got the idea from the 1995 successes is not sure but also not unlikely. I have been told that he was very enthousiastic about the Rhythm is Our Business CD.
The only musician who played both the Fluitekruidt arrangements and in Roberts Lunceford project was trombonist Arend Huisman.
Kind regards,
Bert Brandsma
www.dixielandcrackerjacks.com