[Dixielandjazz] Living in New Orleans

Nita Hemeter nhemeter at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 21:46:47 PDT 2010

   I live in the uptown area, near Tulane and Loyola, and so far, I have
lived here since 1977, I have never been mugged.  Not that it doesn't
happen, you have to be careful.  I see people all the time riding their
bikes in the Bywater and FQ.  Bywater is a happening area, lots of young
folks, newly renovated houses and quite a hip scene.  Lots of cool cafes,
music spots, art galleries and such.  Lot of the problems in NO as far as
crime, is drug related, and people doing stupid things.  I would not  ride a
bike by myself at 2am anywhere in the city, not even in the Garden District!
 I would be happy to talk to her about the city.  My phone 504-865-9792
Nita Hemeter