[Dixielandjazz] Lyrics for Georgia Cabin

Bruce Stangeland stangeland at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 22 10:46:51 PDT 2010

Friends,

I have been listening to Rae Ann Berry's recording of Devil Mountain JB playing "Georgia Cabin" <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKZX5qE06N0>
and got most of the lyrics. I can't figure out one spot (marked below by xxxx).

Could someone interpret that for me
(and correct any of my transcription errors)?

Thanks,
Bruce Stangeland
Berkeley banjoist

===================
Let me tell you a story about a land of dreams,
where they xxxxx memories of pale moon beams.
There's a place I know, it's paradise it seems,
Talkin' 'bout my Georgia Cabin.

In the cool of evening, at twilight's end,
there's a road that takes us down around a bend.
I can hear it callin' me, "Return again",
Talkin' 'bout my Georgia Cabin.

Pine trees whisper to the stars at night,
Shadows flicker in our campfire light.
We must be standing on Heaven's door,
Come on, now, Honey, what you waitin' for?

Take me down where rivers flow down to the sea,
to a place where we can let our hearts run free, and it's
waitin' there, Honey, just for you and me,
Talkin' 'bout my Georgia Cabin.

Message: 15