[Dixielandjazz] Calling Dutch and Flemmish listamtes

David M Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Wed Apr 21 19:06:16 PDT 2010

Marek,

I don't speak Dutch (but my sister does, sort of.)

The Dutch to English translation of Fluitekruid:
( Anthriscus sylvestria)

> A very common plant. It forms large screens
> of white flowers, and stabbing a man's height above the grass.
> From April, the cow parsley to admire, it is a
> biennial plant. Parsley seems flute with his white
> Screen flowers but blooms in many other Umbelliferae
> first in the spring. The flowers are much
> bees, butterflies and hoverflies visiting.
> The stem is hollow, grooved and hairy and hard.
> This herb is at home on nutrient rich soils planted
> with grass on dikes and in the roadside.

So they named themselves after a common wildflower
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthriscus_sylvestris

but the question more is "Why?" and for that I have no idea!

nothing much on the other name - are you sure of the spelling?

Dave Richoux