[Dixielandjazz] Ed Reed

John and Sidnee Fortier jsfortier at chartermi.net
Tue Apr 20 18:33:44 PDT 2010

During the 50s and 60s there was a Dixieland Jazz group called "River Boat Five, " led, at least for a while by a clarinet player named Ed Reed.  They recorded several albums.
I am trying to find some information about Ed Reed.  The last reference I can find to him was in 1990 when he was 66 years of age.  He was living in southern California and restarting his River Boat Five.  I would like to know if he is still alive, still playing, and still in California.  I am also interested in getting a picture of him, either with his group or as a single.  I am doing research on trad jazz clarinet players.  I would appreciate any information that I can get.  John Fortier