[Dixielandjazz] Georgia Cabin

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Apr 20 16:07:59 PDT 2010

Bob Romans wrote:
> Curious...ARE there lyrics to Georgia Cabin? Does anyone know?

Dear Bob,
Yes.
From a Sidney Bechet live performance at the "Log Cabin", Fonda, New York on 30 December 1939 with Bechet (sop,cl/vcl) Sonny White or Don Frye (p) Charlie Howard (g) Ernest Wilson Myers or Stubby Sebastian (sb/vcl) Kenny Clarke (d/vib). The vocal is allegedly by the bass player.
It was issued on LP [Nec Plus Ultra (F)502013 - Volume 2] and the (now deleted) French Masters of Jazz CD 'Bechet' series [MJCD76].
I have the LP Volume 1 but, unfortunately, not Volume 2.
The only other vocal version of the 32 renditions I have listed is from a Bob Wilber Bechet Legacy concert in Hamburg on 22 October 1995 and issued on a Nahel-Heyer CD.
I do not have this either.
If a DJMLer mate can provide an mp3 of the 1939 Bechet recording, we can certainly transcribe it.
Very kind regards,
Bill.