[Dixielandjazz] FW: FW: Goin' to Chicago

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon Apr 19 00:24:47 PDT 2010

>The Underground Wonder Bar has information at
http://www.undergroundwonderbar.com .  It is located at 10 E. Walton.

Looked up the site, also.  Yep, it was Lonie Walker on piano that I saw,
along with her Big Bad Ass Company Band.  Terrible name, great band.
Certainly not jazz, but exciting & well paid.  Crowded and smokey when I was
there a few years ago.  The smoke smelled "strange"!
They have two bands a nite, starting at 8pm with a small or single group,
followed by the bigger band at 11:30 to 3am.  Got to support these people
giving work to musicians.  Go along, be loose, and you can come away
singing.

Jim