[Dixielandjazz] French Quarter Festival New Orleans

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Sat Apr 17 18:13:31 PDT 2010

Thanks Dave to both you and Chas who answered me off-list.  I asked  the
question because it seems I fairly often hear grumbles about how  there's no
trad, or Dixieland or work for same in New Orleans.  So I  was just
wonderin'.  Like, your answer implies, Chas mentioned that  the "trad" bands that
were there were essentially local.  I'm not  taking issue with that, just
restating it.  It's always a good, if somewhat  rare thing, to recognize hometown
talent.

And I have found it difficult to find out where I can hear anything
besides Preservation Hall on trips to New Orleans.
Ginny

In a message dated 4/17/2010 2:15:47 P.M. Central Daylight Time,