[Dixielandjazz] Anyone see Treme on HBO?

David M Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Wed Apr 14 07:30:49 PDT 2010

I thought the dirge by Treme Brass at the end was pretty darn
traditional!   http://www.myspace.com/tremebrassband  has the current
line-up of the band - they consider themselves to be "traditional."

There are still a few other bands playing in a more traditional NOBB
style, but I read a comment on another list that the Olympia band is
not playing very much (or at all.) Ever since the success of the Dirty
Dozen and ReBirth bands, the move of younger bands (and some of the
traditional older bands) has been towards more modern, riff, funk, and
rap/hip-hop style performance.  I don't have a big problem with that,
myself - if that is what works and gets people dancing after what they
went through, let it roll!

Dave Richoux