[Dixielandjazz] Tunes on a CD

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Wed Apr 14 01:09:43 PDT 2010

>How do our DJML groups/artists, with numerous issued CDs, select the 'best'
titles for each recording?
Kind regards,
Bill.

Our last 3 cds have been live.  We recorded a week long gig for each cd,
playing all of our normal rep.  Then, we chose the best recordings, making
sure not to repeat.  Took into account tempos & keys in the choice of the
order.

If I ever do it again, I would choose a set of tunes I wish to have on the
cd, and then during a week's gig, record each of those songs several times
to get different takes.  Listening to a full week of recordings is too
tedious.  That amounts to over 100 songs!

Jim