[Dixielandjazz] Tunes on a CD (was Back to Asylum Street Spankers)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Apr 11 17:13:24 PDT 2010

Gluetje1 at aol.com wrote [in part]:
> I've also noticed that even in my favorite Dixieland genre, what may
> delight me seen and heard live, does not necessarily mean I will want to listen
> to it multiple times on CD...........  Yet, there are ensembles who manage to record tunes that I want to
> listen to again and again.

Dear Ginny,
Well put and an interesting topic.
One, some of us here in Sydney, Oz have been discussing for several months.
What tunes from a working band's repertoire should be included on its new CD?
How do our DJML groups/artists, with numerous issued CDs, select the 'best' titles for each recording?
Kind regards,
Bill.