[Dixielandjazz] Used to be about mouldy fig newtons

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Sun Apr 11 03:53:20 PDT 2010

dj outrage wrote:
> I'm new to the list, so thought i'd start posting on this topic, well why
> not?
> I'm 19 years old, from yorkshire and got into traditional jazz through
> someone giving me a bunch of louis armstrong 78s when i was a kid,
Welcome "dj" it's good to hear of another from your generation who has
such broad tastes.  Where in Yorkshire are you?  Who do you listen to?
and do you play an instrument.?

 Have you come across any of the younger people who are playing in clubs
and festivals?  Amy Roberts, Jamie Brownfield (a fine trumpeter who is
18, I think)  a bit older but still very young for jazz is Graham Hughes
.... you might like his Brass Volcanoes ....a bunch of excellent young
players with a style that's all their own and becoming very popular with
jazz people  of all ages.

Keep posting,

Jude

www.judyeames.co.uk