[Dixielandjazz] Christmas Jazz

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Wed Sep 23 11:27:09 PDT 2009

I'm really surprised that none of the Frank Sinatra Christmas songs
are not in that top 10!
There are several CD compilations and albums available many places:
http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/6790452/a/Christmas+Collection.htm
  - I especially like his version of "Santa Clause is Coming to Town."
The collection also has two duets with Bing!

"Christmas Songs by Sinatra" and "A Jolly Christmas from Frank
Sinatra" are also highly rated, with some different arrangements.

"Hipsters' Holiday" has a lot of other good stuff on it - a bit
towards the BeBop / Beatnik side of things, but still  jazzy. It is
available pretty cheap ($3) on Amazon right now

Another unusual group that does interesting things with Christmas
carols and seasonal songs is Brave Combo (they have won a Grammy in
the Polka category, but thy do much more than that.) I just saw them a
few weeks ago and they were really cookin'!
http://www.brave.com/bo/itschris.htm - you can order it directly from
the band here:
http://www.brave.com/bcstore/index.php

Dave Richoux