[Dixielandjazz] Quebe Sisters

pj.ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 22 02:28:26 PDT 2009

 San Antonio Rose and some of
their other videos on Youtube, move a little faster and swing better.>>

Hi Don,

I viewed several of the clips on You Tube and there is no doubt that they
are very competent but I thought the tunes were pretty uninspired, and not
well recorded. Georgia was the best presented.
Harmonies on Cand W tend to flatten everything out to a rather boring buzz
tone, Their harmonic fiddle playing  was almost exactly the same as their
voice arrangement and not very melodic in my view. Not a patch on the
Dinning Sisters, the Bosswells or the Andrews sisters
I like C and W and even have a couple of LP`s    (what? LP`s?) but I
couldn`t envisage sitting through a whole evening of it.
Just my opinion and what do I know. I once took my young daughters to see
the Monkees !!!!!.

Cheers

Pat