[Dixielandjazz] Blues Images CDs.

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Sep 16 15:30:46 PDT 2009

Mike Logsdon asked:
> The CDs that come along with the Blues Images calendars each year.
> They're only $9 a pop at Worlds, and therefore seem to be a steal.
> Any opinions on them pro or con?

Dear Mike,
My dear Australian mate, DJML lurker and banjo player, Geoff Gilbert
(now living in New Orleans) sends me this calendar/CD each year.
A looked-for event (if you like early Classic urban blues as I do).
The 16 track CD is a basic presentation (paper sleeve) with personnel/
recording details contained in the calendar, along with great
reproductions of contemporary adverts, artwork and the like for the
featured records.
An added bonus for collectors like me is the occasional release of
rare or newly discovered unknown 'takes' of a record by several of the
featured artists.
Remastering is of a very high standard, considering the age and rarity
of the recordings.
A great production overall.
Buy one. You will not be disappointed.
I have my fingers crossed, waiting again, this year.
8>)
Very kind regards,
Bill.