[Dixielandjazz] Josephine in New Jersey & Sock Monkey in Vienna

Katie Cavera kcavera at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 14 14:44:17 PDT 2009

Hello!  Today I'm packing for my trip to New Jersey for the American premiere of "Looking For Josephine"!  I leave tomorrow for an 8 day run of the show.  The band is under the direction of David Boeddinghaus (piano) and includes Chris Tyle (cornet), David Sager (trombone), Otis Bazoon (reeds), James Alsanders (drums), Tom Saunders (tuba, string bass, bass sax) and myself (guitar & tenor banjo). The cast includes singers, dancers, and of course Nicolle Rochelle doing a fabulous job recreating Josephine Baker.  For more on the show visit:
http://www.alarecherchedejosephine.fr/

If you find yourself in the Montclair New Jersey area (or have friends there) and are interested in seeing the show, please visit:
http://www.peakperfs.org/  for tickets and more info.

Also I wanted to let you know that my latest adventure with Sock Monkey is now on YouTube.
Follow this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMgGhzRlDRs
or go to YouTube and search for Viennese Sock Monkey.  I filmed this on my last tour with "Josephine" and I think it shows some nice highlights of the city. I probably won't be creating "Sock Monkey in New Jersey" but I may send a travel email home...and of course I'll take Sock Monkey just in case....you never know...
Take Care,
Katie

 http://www.katiecavera.com
http://www.youtube.com/kcavera