[Dixielandjazz] Dial tone

GWW174 at aol.com GWW174 at aol.com
Thu Sep 10 21:58:21 PDT 2009

I am not an audiologist but am an audio engineer.... I have noticed the
same phenonomen at times and suspect it has to do with the 'coupling' between
your ear and the trandsucer (earpiece on the telephone).... the tighter the
connection I would suspect the higher pitch Dial tone you will percieve..not
a sign of hearing loss or problem...different ears have different coupling
with the handset.......I would be conscious of the coupling between your ear
and the handset and see if you can determine any correlation.  In other
words be a guienna pig for your own experiments and research :-))

Let me know what you find..

Gordon of Northridge

_gww174 at aol.com_ (mailto:gww174 at aol.com)