[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 15:40:56 PDT 2009

On Wednesday night, the entire 88FM programme Jazz Beat was devoted to
New Orleans and Dixieland.  Among the bands featured were the Fulton
Street Jazz Band and Chris Tyle's silverleaf jazz Band.
BTW, I believe that the programme is available worldwide at
iba.org.il, Tuesday and Wednesday, from just past 8PM local time to
10PM (at present, it's two hours later than Greenwich).
On Friday, it's Saxophone from just after 7PM; the first hou is jazz,
often OKOM, and the second - blues, often featuring jazz blues.
The snag (for foreign listeners) is the language, but then - Hebrew is
what we speak in this country, even it it's far cry from the language
of the Bible.
Cheers,
Marek