[Dixielandjazz] Classic Jazz Orchestra at Whitley Bay (again)

Ken Mathieson ken at kenmath.free-online.co.uk
Wed Sep 9 06:56:56 PDT 2009

Hi All,

Another clip from the above has surfaced at http://video.tiscali.it/canali/truveo/4042481082.html

I was unaware of anyone filming at the time, and was certainly not asked beforehand for permission. As it turned out, we were having problems hearing each other on stage and were generally unhappy about our perfomance. I was so unhappy about it that I deleted an audio recording of it from my Edirol Solid State recorder without listening to it. I does raise issues about unauthorised release of performances which the performers themselves viewed as below par.

We played another gig later that day in Berwick-upon-Tweed where the accoustics were great and the band was on fire. I recorded that one too and it turned out to be a belter. One never knows, do one?

Cheers,

Ken Mathieson
www.classicjazzorchestra.org.uk