[Dixielandjazz] Name That Song! -episode 08

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Mon Sep 7 18:31:17 PDT 2009

Mike,

These kids are really talented.  They have been learning and playing trad Jazz since they were little.  They have attended the Sacramento youth jazz camp and have really blossomed as Jazz players.  In the video is two of the kids and a girl guitar player who is a freshman in college.

The two boys are from the Au family in Sacramento.  They have one more brother who also plays trumpet.  They are the trombone player for the High Sierra JB's nephews.

This is the 8th "Name That Song" in the series.  Some songs are easy.  Some are hard.

They are an example of what can be done getting the youth involved playing Jazz.

--Bob