[Dixielandjazz] Great Moments In Jazz

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 05:53:10 PDT 2009

> :........ And- WOW!  Suffice it to say that, by the time the evening show
> was
> > scheduled to start, desite the frantic gesticulation of the stage
> > hands, the band was still playing!  One of the best shows I've ever
> > attended!....... a few years later.........Buddy TAte and Benny
> Watters.......
> > played well into the time of the next set!
> >

> Dear Marek,
> Maybe great for you (and the lucky audience) but what about the unfortunate
> bands scheduled to follow on?

With the Giants, they were the only band, but the poor people waiting
for them were (justly) VERY mad!  Still, when something like that
happens to seasoned pros, the performance is just GREAT!
I do not recall who was to follow the Tate-Watters show.  But my
previous comment still applies.
BTW, the Mann Auditiorium is the home of the Israel Philhermonic
Orchestra, so the organizers not only could not know how to deal with
the problem - they could not have expected it!
Cheer