[Dixielandjazz] DJML Unwritten Rules

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Wed Oct 28 11:01:04 PDT 2009

andy.ling at quantel.com wrote:

 > Now you've just got to learn all the other unwritten rules
> of the DJML :-)

There are quite a few rules for DJML written down on the DJML FAQ, (Frequently Asked Questions) page at:

http://www.islandnet.com/djml/faq.html

The FAQ was done a long time ago and a few statements are out of date.  However, I suggest that all members review the FAQ, especially new members.

Mostly though, all members should observe simple etiquette.  On the Internet it  is referred to as Netiquette.

Unlike some email Lists, On DJML we are not anonymous.  We identify ourselves and are polite to one another.

Also, posts to DJML answering someone else should be edited so that all extra information is taken out.  In other words, when quoting someone in order to answer them, you should only leave the part or parts of their original post that pertain to the subject.  This only takes a couple minutes on your part and shows consideration to all members.

  --Bob Ringwald
DJML Moderator

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4550 (20091028) __________

http://www.eset.com