[Dixielandjazz] Strange Jazz Titles

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Mon Oct 26 18:28:15 PDT 2009

Robert Smith inquired:
 > I've just completed putting all the jazz record titles that I have into a
> database. Under ways I was often puzzled by some of the titles. I assume
> that a lot of titles are incomprehensible to me because I'm a Brit.
Dear Bob,
I will attempt to answer your question about "Ace In The Hole."  Answering the rest
of them would be merely guess-work on my part.
 > Ace In The Hole (e.g. Bunk Johnson)
This pertains to playing a card game such as Poker or 21.  The ace card is the highest
single card in the deck.  If you have it and no one knows, it can be your "Ace In
The Hole."
In life, having something that you can count on that no one else knows you have can
be considered as having an "Ace In The Hole."
In the card game 21 or Black Jack, the card that the dealer has face down while dealing,
is called the "Hole Card.  If he/she has an ace, it is the best card he/she can have
and it is hidden from everyone else.
HTH

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
rsr at ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
916/806-9551

****please help stop SPAM by removing all email addresses before forwarding & using
"blind copy" (bcc) when emailing multiple recipients.  Thanks!

Check out our latest recording at www.ringwald.com/recordings.htm

The economy is so bad that the Mafia is laying off judges.
The economy is so bad that Exxon-Mobil laid off 25 Congressmen.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4544 (20091026) __________

http://www.eset.com