[Dixielandjazz] Pee Wee Hunt and his Orchestra

Dave Stoddard dhs2 at peoplepc.com
Sun Oct 25 18:15:07 PDT 2009

Dear Listers:

Last week I received an early birthday present, a Pee Wee Hunt CD.  This is 12th Street Rag on Good Music Record Company, originally issued by EMI-Capitol in 1978.  Back in the good old days my family's record collection had 12th Street Rag on a Capitol 78, and we just about wore it out.  This CD is very pleasant listening, although you can tell the cuts were all 78s because of their brief play times.  The advantage is that the CD holds 24 tracks.

The Good Music jewel box gives very little information except that Pee Wee Hunt led the group and Joe "Fingers" Carr appeared on several tracks.  I happen to know that Pee Wee Hunt played trombone and sang.  Does anyone know any of the other sidemen?  I assume they must have been drawn from the Casa Loma Orchestra, Hunt's regular ensemble.

Regards,
Dave Stoddard