[Dixielandjazz] Lou Black RIP

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Fri Oct 23 22:39:51 PDT 2009

Lou Black was a fine trumpet player who lived in Sacramento for quite a while.  He was a Gold Card member of the Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society.

Recently I believe he has been living in, or near Branson.

The following is from his family.

--Bob Ringwald

This message to our friends and family comes with a heavy heart.
As you are probably aware, Lou has been struggling with many health issues for several
years now.
He lost the battle, which he so courageously fought around 11:00 pm on Oct. 19, 2009.
He was admitted into the hospital the first week of August, with fluid on the lung
and difficulty
breathing.  While his recovery was sufficient to discharge him to a local nursing
home for rehab,
his weakened condition and failing heart overcame him.  He always remained optimistic
he would
once again beat the odds and return home.
Laurie, Mike and I were all able to say our goodbyes.  Tearful hugs and kisses went
out to all
with his regret he was leaving us.
He asked Michael to lead us all in a prayer just a couple of hours prior to his passing,
and
we shall miss him deeply..
I hope you too will say a prayer for him or take a moment of remembrance for Lou.
We will notify you of a service we are planning in celebration of his life, should
you wish to
attend.
Love to you,
The Blacks

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
rsr at ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
916/806-9551

****please help stop SPAM by removing all email addresses before forwarding & using
"blind copy" (bcc) when emailing multiple recipients.  Thanks!

Check out our latest recording at www.ringwald.com/recordings.htm

The economy is so bad that the Mafia is laying off judges.
The economy is so bad that Exxon-Mobil laid off 25 Congressmen.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4537 (20091023) __________

http://www.eset.com