[Dixielandjazz] American Beer

Joe Hopkins jazzclarinet at cox.net
Mon Oct 19 13:05:21 PDT 2009

When I lived in Amsterdam (1973-1976)  I brought several american beers to Holland while returning from a business trip to New York. Then I invited several friends over for a beer tasting party. I included Stella Artois, Grolsch, Lowenbrau, Heinekin and a couple of other Europen beers. I also included Budweiser, Coors and a couple of micro brews. No one knew what beer they were tasting. The two most popular were Grolsch and Bud....I had people there from Holland, Germany, UK, Spain, France , Brazil and Italy. They were bumbfounded that they chose Bud as their favorite.....who knew?

www.JoeHopkins.org