[Dixielandjazz] Styles of Coffee and Jazz

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 18 13:01:21 PDT 2009

>  "Jim Kashishian" <jim at kashprod.com> wrote (polite snip)
> To: <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>
>
> Question:  what are those huge paper cups with a clear plastic
> bubble over
> the top & a straw coming out of it, that people always carry out of
> Starbucks?  I'm convinced that people who go to Starbucks don't
> really like
> coffee.

They are one form or another of a caffe frappuccino. A blended drink
of ice, coffee, whipped cream and a choice of of caramel, or vanilla,
or cinnamon etc.  Here are some variation

Coffee (as a flavor) - Basic version of the blended ingredients with
no added flavorings

Espresso - Coffee Frappuccino with one added shot of Espresso, which
provides a stronger coffee taste (the amount of Frappuccino base is
lessened to make room for the shot) as well as more caffeine. Served
without whipped cream.

Caramel - Blended coffee base, caramel syrup, and ice. With Whipped
Cream + Caramel Drizzle.

"Syrup" Frappuccino Light - Blended coffee base, any syrup, and ice.
Without any toppings. Sugar-free must be requested, as normal syrup is
used by standard.

Mocha - Blended coffee base, mocha sauce, blended with ice. With
Whipped Cream.

White Chocolate Mocha - Blended coffee base, white chocolate syrup,
and ice. With Whipped Cream.

Java Chip - Coffee base, brownie chips and mocha sauce blended with
ice. With Whipped Cream + Mocha Drizzle.

Café Vanilla - Blended coffee base, vanilla bean powder, and ice. With
Whipped Cream.

Frappuccinos can be made with any type of Starbucks syrup. Core
flavors include Vanilla, SF Vanilla, Cinnamon Dolce, SF Cinnamon
Dolce, Hazelnut, SF Hazelnut, Toffee Nut, Peppermint, Raspberry..
These are simply called as a "[Syrup] Coffee Frappuccino", and are
served without whipped cream unless otherwise specified.

Seasonal Frappuccinos, such as Pumpkin Spice and Peppermint Mocha
Twist are also popular, and often contain special toppings, such as
Pumpkin Spice powder or peppermint sugar sprinkles over peppermint
whipped cream.

Peppermint- mocha or creme, peppermint extract. with whipped cream

Musical Content?  There are as many styles of coffee as there are
styles of jazz. For more than you want to know about such products,
google <Caramel Coffee Frappuccino>