[Dixielandjazz] Jim K ~ Ory ~ Rosolino ~ Winding

richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 14 13:57:05 PDT 2009

Jim , wonderful post. I'll get back to you.
Too much to write, must practice.

The Audio Fidelity lps were great sounding back then, and still are for that matter. Did you know the fellow in charge. I'm not a Dukes fan, but have a Lp w Mockingbird on it, very good. The Dukes, I've sneaky suspicion there'll be some very good sides to yet find.
But to top it all is the Dukes w Louis same label. Brilliant Armstrong. Superb Dukes and a most unusual Helicon player who I believe can/did play bop on it. He's certainly nippy on the Dukes session. I think he was called Ron Mathieson, not sure of spelling.

Richard