[Dixielandjazz] Joe Avery's Piece

andy.ling at quantel.com andy.ling at quantel.com
Mon Oct 12 05:58:26 PDT 2009

Dave Stoddard wrote on 10/10/2009 04:43:42:

> There is an
> unconfirmed rumor that the real composer was an ornithologist and
> the original title was the Joe Aviary Blues.

This reminds me of a story Humph told about an interview
he gave to a local radio station. The interviewer had heard that
Humph enjoyed watching birds and had asked "I understand
you are a bit of an Orthinologist". At the time Humph couldn't
think of a reply, but driving home he wished he had said,
"Not an Orthinologist, more of a word botcher"

It would have probably been lost on the interviewer though :^)

Have fun

Andy Ling

--

Quantel is the trade name used by Quantel Holdings Limited and its
subsidiaries.  Quantel Holdings Limited is registered in England & Wales.