[Dixielandjazz] Fair point Jim ~ Blind Spots

richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com
Sun Oct 11 13:11:19 PDT 2009

Jim writes
"I'm not sure what this "blind spots" thread is all about.  However, if it is
about bands or musicians one or the other member on djml doesn't like, it
seems to me to be a never-ending-meaningless thread.  Each of us has his or her likes & dislikes.  Might as well discuss politics on this list.  There's never going to be an agreement...."

Jim it was to get (it may flame old wounds ... there's a term for that) others to maybe suggest recordings or what not, to help them understand their appreciation.
I've joked enough for now, but Lewis has suggested Screamin' Blues of Maynard. I can't wait to hear it.

Years back now, I didn't hear Parker at all, wasn't too keen on Alex Welsh. Not now. And many others too. So heres to Lewis - Maynard here we come, wish me luck Jim.
The reverse is true of course I love my Bunk, Wooden Joe, Eureka BB records, other more sophisticated souls miss those enjoys. Hey, go and listen to some rare sides by Rose Moe (Hawaiian singer) there are delightful. My mother liked Andy Williams when I was a tot, couldn't stand him. Long since realised I was wrong, last night on BBC4 they had selections from his Shows, great singer, Ella, Supremes, Peggy Lee, Bassey, Bennett, Mathis were among the guests, Just shews you.
Al Hurt (that's another story, blasted Java).

Richard