[Dixielandjazz] James P Johnson / Stride Piano feature on Paul Barnes Show - Have A Listen

john petters jdpetters at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 11 02:59:36 PDT 2009

Hi Folks,
The thread about fund raising for a headstone for James P struck me as a
good launching point for an interesting programme idea for Paul Barnes,
so I e-mailed him the article.
He agreed and did a splendid job, playing a range of pianists, including
James P, Fats, Ralph Sutton, Art Tatum and Monk. Well worth a listen!

BTW he also played Martin Litton's trio arrangement of 'The Pearls' from
our new Ragtime CD /DVD.

The show is available on the BBC Iplayer at:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/p004mb7j

Drop Paul a line at Paul.barnes at bbc.co.uk and let him know you have
listened. It helps keep our kind of music on the air.

--
John Petters
Amateur Radio Station G3YPZ