[Dixielandjazz] Hank D'Amico + Metropole

David M Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Sat Oct 10 10:18:16 PDT 2009

Is that the same Metropole that is referenced in the James Dempsey
and  George Mitchell 1909 song "Ace in the Hole?"  Bobby Darin (with
Johnny Mercer) had a great bit on their version of that song wondering
what a Metropole was... there are many Metropole bars around the
world, by the way - almost a generic!

Dave RIchoux