[Dixielandjazz] What Friends are for ...

richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com
Fri Oct 9 00:28:39 PDT 2009

So Sheik the holy grail like search is nearing its end, 3 cheers for Phil Wilking.
I'm sure Sheik and Ginny know now I was only gently pulling their legs. My original comments from first post still stand though.
Look Sheik, You had Steve Barbone helping you out (hope I chipped in) as well and judging him solely by his posts he's far flung from the nitty-gritty of esoterical New Orleans debating, collecting and who did what.
The Bolden cylinder I know was lost ~ what was the song recorded and what was on the other side ~ were there any alternative takes? Did anyone find Avery's syrup of figs.

Steve B ~ Here's one for you how did Benny Carter spin off that wonderfully logical solo on I Can't Believe your in love with me (Choc.Dandies? c40).

Back to lurking soon.

Richard.