[Dixielandjazz] More PANAMA

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Thu Oct 8 11:46:23 PDT 2009

 richard88jazz at nycap.rr.com wrote:

> Hi All DJMLer's!
>
> I struggled with PANAMA for a long time and finally put together what I call the "complete" version, using sources that are available in both printed and recorded format, at least the normal ones I could find.  It consists of five 5)strains up front, with a mid key- change from Eb to Ab, a rpeat of the second strain except in Eb (sometimes used for solos) and then the final, usual descending last chorus repeated twice with the "gut-bucket trombone" ending.
(snip)

"gut-bucket trombone" ending"?

I don't believe I have ever heard a gut bucket ending on Panama.  Are you sure you are not thinking of "Muscrat Ramble?

--Bob Ringwald

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4485 (20091006) __________

http://www.eset.com