[Dixielandjazz] Much More Panama

andy.ling at quantel.com andy.ling at quantel.com
Thu Oct 8 05:59:39 PDT 2009

"Louis Lince" <louislince at neworleansmusic.demon.co.uk> wrote on 08/10/2009
13:47:07:

> To listen to the Cy Seymour tune "Panama Rag", as opposed to the William

> Tyers "Panama" you will have to purchase Delmark DE-214 "Grace and
Beauty"
> by the New Orleans Ragtime Orchestra. It's track10 and a pretty tune
well
> performed in 1967.

OK, thanks Louis.

I did a search for Panama Rag on spotify. It comes up with 35 tracks
called Panama Rag by artists including Bunk Johnson, Sidney Bechet,
Louis, Kid Ory and many more. All of them are the Tyers "Panama".
The Sidney Bechet one even has somebody announcing the tune as
Panama Rag. With so many people "getting it wrong" it's not surprising
there is so much confusion.

Regards

Andy Ling

--

Quantel is the trade name used by Quantel Holdings Limited and its
subsidiaries.  Quantel Holdings Limited is registered in England & Wales.