[Dixielandjazz] Panama ... Oh my Word

richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com
Thu Oct 8 02:12:41 PDT 2009

Sheik ... try this.
According to album liner notes, by no less an expert William Russell, the version the orchestra follows (NORO) is the original score except the tango rhythm. Version found on New Orleans Ragtime Orchestra Arhoolie 1058 rec 1971.
There I had it all along.
I don't think it ends the search this original score could be for band and not original piano published version but surely were closer.
The other 61 versions in my collection I'm still renaming (don't laugh).
I'm this album is War Cloud (now don't start another thread).

I met William Russell in 1980 and visited is untidy house (it was stacked with music and such). He didn't know me from Adam but I walked with to the nearest Post Office and he let me photocopy the Red Back Book. How kind.

Bunk's pipe, dead end I presume.