[Dixielandjazz] Panama redux

Sue Fischer Loerchen2 at aol.com
Wed Oct 7 12:52:19 PDT 2009

Supposedly, the W.C. Handy Orchestra's 1923 recording of Panama is the most
like Tyers' published stock.  But the 1922 NORK was the first recorded
version, and it's definitely not like the sheet music.  Personally, I like
them all.

[shameless plug]  We are going to play it as a tango at the upcoming
Armistice Ball on Nov. 7th, if any of you want to make the trip to New
Jersey to see people actually dance to this kind of music the way it was
intended.  Dances of 1910-1925 (and NO swing dancing, thank you very much).
Band consists of Vince Giordano, Dan Levinson, David Sager, Scott Black, Ken
Salvo, and myself.

*www.armisticeball.com

*Sue*
*