[Dixielandjazz] "A Tree In The Meadow" (was Not OKOM, but...)

Ken Mathieson ken at kenmath.free-online.co.uk
Sat Oct 3 17:08:24 PDT 2009

Hi All,

l.swain at comcast.net asked:
> Can anyone point to a lead sheet for the WWII song "A Tree in the
> Meadow"?

I'm sure I've got an old song copy of this somewhere. It's late here now, but I'll have a hunt in the morning and, if I've still got it, I'll scan it and send it. As Pat said in his posting "it was a pretty sloppy tearjerker,"  But Billy Reid was a skilful musician and songwriter, so (from increasingly unreliable memory) I remember it as hanging together well harmonically and melodically. Fingers crossed I can find it my jazz cave.

Regards,

Ken Mathieson